Records trace the first bow and arrow back as far as 50,000 BC. It was traditionally used for hunting but is now a popular sporting contest, and it’s even a competitive Olympic sport. Though often perceived as a stationary sport, competitive archer actually requires a significant amount of strength, endurance and focus on performing well, making it an ideal sport to help keep you healthy and fit.
Health Benefits of Archery
- Archery trains the hands to work together while performing different tasks, aiming and firing the arrow based on input from your eyes.
- Balance is also paramount to success in archery, as the body must be held still while aiming and making a shot.
- Over time, the core becomes better at gaining control of the body’s balance and helps with the more accurate shooting.
- They also become more flexible because they are fully in use while aiming at the target.
- With repetition, the act of drawing and firing a bow leads to muscle development in most of the major muscle groups of the upper body.
Al-Nadi-al-Burhani is the ambassador of sports upliftment. It can also be denoted as a medium of improving one’s health. Sport and physical activity are crucial for life-long healthy living. It improves health and well-being, extends life expectancy and reduces the likelihood of several non-communicable diseases including heart disease. Sport also plays a major positive role in one’s emotional health and allows building valuable social connections, often offering opportunities for play and self-expression improve your archery skills with our professional trainers at Al Nadi al Burhani. Enroll yourself now! http://alnadialburhani.com/archery/