Futsal is an exciting, fast-paced small sided football game that originates from South America in the 1930s. It is widely played across the world, and is the small sided football format. Futsal is a five-a-side game, normally played on a flat indoor pitch with hockey sized goals and a size 4 ball with a reduced bounce. It is played to touchlines and all players are free to enter the penalty area and play the ball over head-height.
Futsal at Al Nadi-al-Burhani
The court size is 40 m × 20 m (44 yd × 22 yd). The inner edges of the vertical goal posts is 3 m (3.3 yd) apart, and the lower edge of the horizontal crossbar supported by the goal posts is 2 m (2.2 yd) above the ground. Nets made of hemp, jute or nylon are attached to the back of the goalposts and crossbar. The depth of the goal is 80 cm (31 in) at the top and 1 m (3.3 ft) at the bottom.
Some tips to avoid injuries when playing any Sports :
- Drink water before, during and after play.
- Wear broad-spectrum sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat, even in cloudy conditions.
- Always warm up, stretch and cool down.
- Good technique and practice will help prevent injury.
- Wear the right protective equipment.
- Seek professional advice on footwear.